POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dandelion v4 : Dandelion v4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Dandelion v4
From: Chambers
Date: 27 Feb 2006 21:23:51
Message: <4403b437@news.povray.org>
OK, I made the following changes:
- enlarged the window (it felt too small),
- Grayed out the dirt,
- reshaped the jar (and removed the lid),
- added a cigarrette,
- added a beer bottle,
- moved the outside wall,
- switched to 3.6 so I could use photons.

Unfortunately, I forgot to use a higher-setting area_light for this one
- but it's still a decent rendering.

Now, the things I definitely plan to do:
- replace the dirt in the jar with a number of pebbles,
- fix the beer-bottle (it looks horrible to me),
- put a lid back on the jar,
- change the mortar texture in the wall,
- add some sort of structure in the street outside (elevated rail, I'm
thinking), in a state of advanced decay,

Things I'm not sure if I should do or not:
- (roughly) model the inside of the room, and use radiosity to light it
rather than the fill light I've got going now,
- Through a couple more beer bottles in, knocked over on the table,
- add some papers to the table (legal notices? bank statements? death
certificates? I'm not sure about this - I just want it to feel more
cluttered, to give a claustrophobic feeling to the room)

Right now, I'm approaching that stage where I make a few small changes,
and want to do another render with final settings.  I find that when I
get this way, I need to either focus on something else for a few days,
or exercise extreme control over myself so I spend more time modeling
than rendering.  As such, I might not put up another version of this
image for a bit - but again, that depends on how much I get done on it.

As always, comments are more than welcome.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dandelion.jpg' (51 KB)